- The diagnosis of cancer in a person
- Therapy to be used for treatment
- Follow-up of cancer patients during and after treatments
- Palliative care of patients with terminal cancer
- Screening efforts of cancer
What is Oncology?
About medical oncology
Medical Oncology is a modality of treatment in cancer care which uses Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Hormonal Therapy and Targeted Therapy to treat cancer in an effective manner. Medical Oncology is usually works in conjunction with Surgical Oncology or Radiation Oncology to give the best clinical outcomes.
medical oncology speciality team works towards preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer by offering the highest levels of treatment protocols and customised multi-modality therapies.
Facilities and ServicesSankalpa Super Speciality Hospitals offers dedicated care to patients with the multi-disciplinary physicians,Medical Oncology team provides cancer treatment, continuous follow-up, consultations, second opinions and referrals for MCI clinical trials for cancer management. Our medical oncologists serve as leaders of the interdisciplinary cancer treatment team, working closely with other physician cancer specialists, including surgical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists.
Medical oncology service activities include:
- assessment of patients, including prognosis and likely treatment benefit and tolerance
- management of patients with progressive cancer
- prescription, preparation and administration of systemic therapy
- management of side effects and toxicity of treatment, including nausea and vomiting, and the risk of serious or life-threatening infection
- ongoing assessment and follow-up of patients during and following completion of systemic therapy
- rehabilitation and support.